The village is located between Condom and Eauze in the department of Gers.
It is under the administration of Noble Paule de Saint-Lary Bellegarde, second wife of Noble-Antoine Arnaud de Pardaillan d'Antin and Marquis de Montespan, Gondrin lord, whom she married June 27, 1602, the village has peaked.
Very intelligent and gifted with artistic taste very strong, since 1609, lady Paule beautifies and rebuilt the castle Pardaillan falling in ruins.
At that time, the main town is only composed of the castle with its outbuildings, chapel (part of the present church) and many mansions, surrounded by a wall pierced by two doors to the north and south and two "portalets" in the East and the West.
Dame Paula, to complement its refurbished to the idea of converting the vast space in the park with monuments in the style of the period, decorated with ponds, groves castle, a vegetable garden and orchard with aviary ... She buys all the small plots of land up the place and therefore at its disposal, while the space between the village and the hamlet of Peyruc. On 18 November 1612 it appeals to a renowned artist, a master mason, architect who worked on the construction of the Cathedral of Auch: Audibert Cousteau capita Gondrin. His work: the construction of a pavilion at the park entrance.