Fromont is located in the south-west of the Seine-et-Marne, 25 km from Fontainebleau. It is part of the canton of La Chapelle-la-Reine, and since its inception, the Regional Natural Park of Gâtinais.
General History: Mentioned in the twelfth, "Fremontz." Etymology: Mont cold. Fief under the Marquis of Rumont. Parish in the collation of the Archbishop of Sens.
Sacred Architecture: Church of St. Martin (IMH), XII / XIII / XIV: gateway arch, square tower topped saddle, baptismal font, an eighteenth century painting of the Flemish school 17th (Adoration of the Magi), fresco (Three Three dead and Loud). Stone cross of the fifteenth, at the Town Hall.
Church of St. Martin: Mentioned for the first time in 1186, it is the center of the village on a hill overlooking the plain. It is dedicated to St Martin (monk who evangelized Tours much of Gaul in the 3rd century.). Shaped Tau (T Greek), a nave with two aisles and a flat bed, it is oriented east-west along the axis of sunrise and sunset on November 11, the day of St Martin. To 19th c. She was surrounded by the cemetery. Still testify both clams embedded in the exterior walls on the north side and south side.