Freneuse, from Late Latin, Fraxinosa, is the place where ash trees grow.
Freneuse the village, with ancient origins, stood in the path of Gaul that was the way from Rouen to Lisieux. Other findings show that service: the Gallo-Roman substructures were found in the castle park of Vieuville and a Merovingian burial at a place called "The End of the City."
Freneuse, under the patronage of Saint-Ouen, was originally part of the forest of Vièvre given to Raoul d'Ivry, for killing a bear in the forest. His son, Jean, had Freneuse in his lot, and he gave it to the bishops of Avranches.
The combination of Mathilde de Freneuse with William de la Mare was passed, the lords of Gouves Mare-Sainte-Opportune, the manor and the patronage of the parish of Freneuse, they had under the suzerainty of the bishops of Avranches .
In 1541, the fief of Freneuse belonged to high and mighty lady Loys de Bourbon, Duchess of Montpensier, Princess de la Roche-sur-Yon.
Much more recently, note the order of the story event aristocratic socialite to Freneuse ... Marriage, in 1989, and David Halliday Estelle Lefebure.
The Church of Freneuse or "Ecclesia de Fresnos," was dedicated to Saint-Ouen and formerly sponsored by the Bishop of Avranches. This rectangular building with classical choir slightly overflowing presents some beautiful remnants of his seniority. These include: the west portal, and the bay monolithic lintel to the bottom of the nave of the Romanesque period. The nave dates from the 15th century and berries, the 18th century.
Freneuse-sur-Risle, irrigated by the Risle were 3 mills in 1850, and only 2 in 1870, including "The Mill of the Church" which was a large supply of water, disappeared today.
With several small springs or streams, Freneuse has a nice ford, located on the GR 224, recently reclaimed, built in 1830 according to the cadastre. This is the ford of the room, the room is a source that powers a pump 50 m³ / hour!