Excenevex is located in the heart of Coudrée Bay on the south shore of Lake Geneva, 395 m above sea level. Enjoying an exceptional view of the Dent d'Oche, the Alps and the Swiss coast, natural sandy beach, it enjoys a strong tourist attraction around which historically focuses an important part of the economy local.
The village community of Excenevex developed on the site of an ancient Roman villa. The first mention of Excenevex as parish appears in 1250. His story intersects with that of Yvoire until 1852, when a decree of the Episcopal bishop of Annecy erects "the parish church of Excenevex under distinct and separate Rector of Rector of Yvoire. " In 1904, the Republican opposition and anticlerical prevails in Excenevex. It was under his mandate that the Saint Symphorien chapel is demolished. In 1920 Excenevex gives the infrastructure that will be the basis for future development while it is moving towards high-end tourism with the construction of its luxury hotels: Bellevue Hotel, Hotel de la Plage, hotel du Lac hotel Ridge, Beau Rivage... all built during the 1925-1935 decade. The hotel from the beach and the Hotel Bellevue testify to this bygone past.
There are lots of Geneva among the first bathers, but it is the 50s and the early postwar boom that saw increased attendance Beach Excenevex. This sand jewel single end the shores of Lake Geneva, which stretches for 4 hectares, gently sloping, will become the mandatory appointment and popular youth and families Evian in Geneva. It is only hearing moved evoking memories this golden period to measure the role played by the beach in Excenevex Chablaisian tourism history!
Pedal boats, swimming, perch fillets and chips, salad, sunburn, taverns, chilled rosé, beach games... have enjoyed undeniable success, heralding the latest provisions and more "modern": beach volleyball, beach rugby, mussels and chips, lifeguards, access for people with reduced mobility, parking...
Today fishing on the lake and agriculture no longer live only a few families. Summer tourism and the proximity of the Geneva labor pool has changed the life of the village, whose population has doubled in the last fifty years.