Leaning against the north slope of Black Mountain, the village of Dourgne seduces with its wild landscapes, sites of yesteryear and its turbulent history.
Its origins date from the distant past: the peaks that dominate bear traces of the Gallo-Roman (St Chipoli) and in the valley, large stones of the Roman road Narbonne, Castres are still visible in places.
In the Middle Ages, the village lay at the entrance to the valley Taurou at the foot of a castle "Le Castel" has been destroyed and up to the Chapel St Stapin.
In the early thirteenth, Dourgne was ruined by Simon de Montfort during the Albigensian Crusade against the (remains of the old castle).
The village was rebuilt in 1301 with the permission of Philip the Fair, at its current location and the King of France awarded him the first liberties, in particular, the authorization to make cloth. The new country house becomes an important manufacturing center.
In memory of these events, the entire village of Dourgne in costumes, parade on floats decorated with rosemary, Septuagesima day. It is the traditional Feast of Rosemary, still existing today and dating back over 700 years which is commemorated each year in February.
The parish church of the 15th and 18th centuries.
The arcaded houses of the 17th century.
Abbeys En-Calcat and St. Scholastica.
The ruins of the castle Castelas.
Valley Taurou and former slate.
The chapels of St. Stapin (XV) and Saint-Ferréol.
The oratory of Monies.
The cross Montalric (788 m) and panorama viewpoint.