Between the Rhone and the Cevennes, along the old Roman road which remain six milestones, has established the Abbey Cruas. Built into the hills, the old fortified village, crowned by the castle keep abbey dominates a Romanesque church of the eleventh-twelfth century, whose crypt contains a''fabulous''bestiary. Prosper Mérimée in 1847 made her rank. A mosaic in the apse commemorates the passing of Pope Urban the second in 1095. The capitals of a magnificent forum monastic mid-12th century keep all the delicacy of their sculpture.
The Roman road, the highway became''the Languedoc is now called''the main road 86. Dotted with historical sites, it takes you to Cruas. The men carved white stone to build the village and its monuments, and many buildings in neighboring towns Meysse, Rochemaure, Baix and St. Vincent de Barres.
Today the manufacture of lime and cement continues on the outskirts of the city. A room of the museum recalls the story among other exhibitions at the Centre Auclair.
The climate in southern already made a pleasant place to stay. The municipalities of the Community of Communes-Barres Coiron abound yet many other treasures.