Clichy-sous-Bois is located east of Paris in Seine-Saint-Denis, 15 km from the gates of the capital and a few hundred yards from the Seine-et-Marne. It belongs to the canton of Raincy Sub-Prefecture of Seine-Saint-Denis. Clichy-sous-Bois covers an area of 395 hectares (including 110 wooded areas) and is located 98 m above sea level. The morphology and topography of the town gives a great variety of landscapes and environmental assets, particularly related to the presence of a large forest estate (forest Departmental Bondy, Fosse Park Maussoin, Park City Hall) .
Templar Alexander: Clichy Aulnoy is already a village in ancient times. We know the Middle Ages it belongs to the lords of Livry while the cure depends on the Abbey. Later, under Philip the Fair 4th, the Templars who have Commandery on the road Coubron are hunted by the king who appropriated their property. In the same time develops the pilgrimage to the source which had taken place two centuries before the miracle attributed to the Virgin. Already an appointment hunting and castles are built on its territory and the 17th lord is the most important one judge, the chairman of Mesmes. Crews royal and seigneurial hunting in forests full of game, those of Prince Dombes transmitted to the Duke of Orleans settle. Clichy discusses the revolutionary period with just over 100 residents that January 6, 1790 means the first municipality Clichy became a municipality. Then the hectic life for a moment by disputes with its powerful neighbor Livry goes dormant until 1814 when Alexander, Tsar of Russia staying in one of his castle where he contemplates Paris. Kellerman, duc de Valmy, also resides in Clichy.
19th century to today: Kellerman, duc de Valmy, also resides in Clichy. In 1820, the village painfully reached 150 inhabitants. Under Louis-Philippe, we built the first town hall-school. During the Second Empire, the Clichois flee their homes than 10,000 Saxons occupied and ransacked. At the Belle Epoque, the development is not yet dramatic. In 1912, there were 1434 inhabitants, we must build schools Plateau. And the first world war which removes 68 of his son. The interwar keep the ornament of wood, remnants of the forest of Bondy, which bisects the town that progress does not: no city sewer, no garbage collection, little or point lighting. Three employees of city hall, three patrolmen, four women cover their service needs. Yet in 1934 we built the first school Pointed Oak. Life continues as rustic: it is not uncommon to see cows spend in the streets of the Village because there are three farms and it is like miles away from Paris when the Tour Eiffel was visible points high village. Spend a few quiet years before the German occupation that does not forget Clichy. Then urbanization from 1955, which built the first residence: the Lawn. Then, the successive achievements. Today, over 28 000 Clichois have a whole set of equipment made over the years to make everyone's life in the town more pleasant.
The Chapel of Our Lady of Angels (Fernando went Lindet).
The Hotel de Ville (instead of November 11, 1918).