Come in Choletais! Witness the Wars of Vendée, home textile, Choletais discovered through its architectural heritage, craft, art and of course shops and outlet stores.
- Geography: In Region Pays de la Loire, in the department of Maine-et-Loire, Cholet is located a few kilometers from the Vendée, Loire-Atlantique and Deux-Sèvres, a detour on the way to vacation!
- History: Cholet, ancient history, an original heritage and legacy as the memory of those who built the city. Cauletum of the most sporting town in France, the third of Fulk Nera to Antoinette Magnelais, weavers in the cellar to those of the workshop, the red handkerchief wars of Vendée, the heroic 77th Infantry Regiment in its fascinating museums, Cholet and its history will not cease to amaze you.
- Heritage: The Wandering the cobblestone streets, blind alleys and boulevards, Cholet heritage is revealed, original, rich and varied. Ambulation, typical houses of weavers stately home, buildings in neighborhoods haussmaniens contemporary witness to this astonishing vitality that characterizes the city.
- Its traditions: Short story of a legend: the handkerchief Cholet! This is the singer Theodore Botrel who in 1900 unearthed legend handkerchief across his song "Little Cholet handkerchief." The handkerchief is Cholet red striped white streaks. Red to remind the blood of Vendée, white to perpetuate the memory of those who so long held head men of the Revolution.
- Its gastronomic specialties: From pigeon to Cholon, through the bun, Cholet famous through authentic homemade specialties, respect for the land! The pigeon, a few kilometers from Cholet, Maulévrier is known to be the European capital of pigeon. The Cholon: a praline-nougat with orange zest, coated in milk chocolate or dark chocolate to eat! Brioche is a local specialty soft and finely flavored. Not to mention the pluck, the Bottereaux the mogette, rillauds, chicken labeled Cholet ...