Village Chessy bounded on the north by the valley of the Marne, is located at the crest of the hill. In the north, the wooded hillside bordered the village and to the south lay the vast plateau punctuated by three agricultural farm, the park and the castle Chessy. The occupation of the plateau Chessy by villagers - farmers - back to La Tène period (protohistoric, circa 450 BCE). About the 11th century, the villagers abandoned the plateau and probably settled on the edge of the hill.
In the 18th century, the village and the castle grounds were separated by the royal route. This route still exists, partially paved: these are the rue Charles de Gaulle and Street Lagny. Moving from the village to the hill is probably justified by the installation of Lords on the platform before the end of the Middle Ages. In fact, the first mention of a lord Pommeuse back to 1420, it was Robert Courtignon. The presence of a lord also implies the presence of a stately home and a text from 1583 mentions for the first time a manor, that of Lawrence Bellanger, lord of Pommeuse. The presence of the homes we now prohibits the knowledge of the history of the construction of the village. The only concrete unit and recognized in the Middle Ages is the site of eyed peas (XIII - 16th centuries) there were houses with adjoining garden along the main street, welcoming a cemetery burials about 1500 and the late chapel of St. Eloy. The only obvious element of sustainable village is the church of Saint-Nicolas, which was rebuilt in 1743. The place of the church are now the Auberge Saint-Nicolas. It was already the name before 1920, but has existed since at least 1619 under other names. This was also not the only trade Chessy. Beyond the laundry, urbanization began in the year 1950/1960. Habitat located on the same hillside sloping down to the Marne is much later, this type of slope is difficult to develop with further long been planted with vines.
From 60 years and above 70, Chessy became a resort for Parisians who have built on the hillside houses or cottages weekend. With the push east of the Paris agglomeration, second homes were gradually transformed into primary residences and the slope is highly urbanized.
The school exists Chessy since at least 1664 when it was located in the current street Farms. The second school, which also houses the town hall and this just after the Revolution, was installed below the pharmacy, rue Charles de Gaulle. The premises of the current town hall Town Hall hosted the third school, gained in 1880 through philanthropic intervention of the mayor at the time, Jules Chartier.