Castillon, located 15 km from Menton, a new village inhabited by artists who offered to visitors.
"Castilionum" was created in 1157 by the consuls to protect Sospel Sospelois Lombard and Saracen invasions. Castillon then became possession of the Ventimiglia, the consul Vento Menton before being attached to the new lord of Sospel.
In 1348 the village is part of the Principality of Monaco and then back again in 1376, the lord of Sospel.
In 1793, Castillon becomes French.
The earthquake of February 23, 1887 destroyed the old village. Completely destroyed by bombing in World War II, a new village was built at the current location since 1944.