Capital of the country's nutty plum, Cancon is located in the Lot valley, in Lot-et-Garonne, at the crossroads of major thoroughfares: Paris / Bordeaux and the Pyrenees: Cahors.
Cannot was the first name of the mountain on which the village is spread. Time of the Franks, on the ancient plateau Cannot have built a fortified village where they could dominate and see the enemy from afar. In the 11th century, the tower reflected the strategic importance of the castle Cancon who controlled the Roman road from Agen to Perigueux. Alphonse de Poitiers founded a large number of country houses which all relatives Monclar of Agen and St. Pastour but Monflanquin, Villereal and Castillonnès. Was it to monitor the lord of Cancon? The latter, of Pons Amanieu Madaillan establishes a small town at the foot of his castle in 1255.