Bruyères-sur-Fère is located south of the department of Aisne, in the Tardenois, virtually at the crossroads of three major regions: Picardie, Champagne and Ile-de-France.
It is on the Common Bruyères-sur-Fère has been built around 1130, the abbey of Val Christian (the Norbertines). After the French Revolution, it was converted into a farm and all that remains of the pillars of the church choir, a few capitals and portal.
In the hamlet of Givray, was built around 1540 a Renaissance castle that is now listed as a Historic Monument.
Bruyères-sur-Fère has a church, St. Remy 12th century, also classified a historical monument.
Many small footpaths, particularly along the river Ourcq who gave his name to Ourcq canal in Paris, and the proximity of "basketful of the Devil" on the town of Coincy Abbey.
The area surrounding Bruyères is a land of famous French writers. Include Jean de La Fontaine at Chateau-Thierry (19 km south), Alexandre Dumas at Villers-Cotterets (34 km west), Paul Claudel in Villeneuve-sur-Fere (3 km east) and John root at La Ferte-Milon (31 km west).