Ancient fortified village, retains a Brignais old buildings giving it an authentic greatly appreciated by its inhabitants.
Common set between urban and rural villages, but also between the Rhone valley and the Monts du Lyonnais, Brignais is located about ten kilometers southwest of Lyon. It is one of the links in the inner suburbs of Lyon and has, as such, strong currents of economic and trade exchanges. With nearly 6000 jobs, the town of Brignais is a sector with high economic potential.
Park and City Hall: Arriving at Brignais, park your car on the parking spaces located along the park of the Hotel de Ville. You'll discover a wooded area of three hectares, which sported a former mansion of the 18th century, became in 1985 the Town Hall. See also, the inner courtyard and the old well on the rue General de Gaulle.
The sponge: The sponge strips are double or triple rows of round tiles forming a ledge under a roof or on the front of houses. These works were inspired by Italian architecture (Genoa) 18th and 19th centuries. They adorn the portals of entry for many of the old village houses Brignais, especially Cold Snack Street and the street Giraudière.
The presbytery: Look up and you find a niche and frescoes that adorned the old part of the presbytery, called Ash.
The villa of the Giraudière: In 1982, Leonard May, MD, acquired the wooded property of 6000 m², situated south of the town center. In 1838, the land is sold to Joan Fayolle. Upon the death of the latter, in 1866, Pierre Louis Deschet, notary Brignais, inherits. Around 1890, his son, Augustus Deschet, makes building the mansion we know today, on the site of previously demolished old buildings. In 1903, the park and the villa became property of the family Hoffmann, until 1996, when they were acquired by the City of Brignais. The townhouse has three levels with an area of 180 m² each. The basement consists of two vaulted cellars. The interest in this town are numerous: windows "to iris", a collection of old electrical equipment, moldings, ornate cast iron radiators (one with hot plate), monumental staircase, mosaic plate stack. The villa is now dedicated to the common associations (including the Friends of Old Brignais). Early Childhood Coordination is also taken up residence.
Guy de Chauliac Hospital: Guy de Chauliac, famous surgeon of the Middle Ages, one of the fathers of modern medicine, practiced in Brignais to 1330. The place that bears his name is probably one of the strongest symbols in the history of the city. It is located in the historic former hospital Brignais. This medieval infrastructure placed outside the walls of the city, forming a block between Jigsaw cold, Giraudière, the Reach and Ro. It housed a pharmacy, a chapel under the patronage of Sainte-Marguerite, rooms outbuildings, courtyards and gardens for walking patients.
The Old Bridge on Garon: At the entrance to Brignais, he welcomed the royal road from Lyon to Saint-Etienne. The building already existed in the Middle Ages, essentially comprises two stone arches of 4 meters. This bridge has a high saddle like many of his fellows at the time. The floor is composed of pebbles "Cat Heads" parapets and walls are covered with granite slabs. It is listed as historical monuments of France since 1934. For the record, before the test of time and neglect of those who deteriorated the monument in 1399, the sheriff of Macon, seneschal of Lyon, has forced the inhabitants of Brignais Vourles and to pay a tax to fix it.
House and Renaissance niche Gamboni Place, you'll find at number 11, one of the oldest houses in Brignais (also called Maison Forte). It would have been installed by the first mayor of the commune in 1792. To see opening the door, a spiral staircase. Architecture "snail" of city streets (rue Colonel Guillaud, rue de Ronde, street and street Chapeliers Diot) is the location of the old ramparts. At number 20 rue Colonel of Guillaud, looking up, you can find a small niche.
The Church of St. Clair: This church is the most beautiful monument of artistic heritage Brignais. Dedicated to St. Clair (590-660), patron of the blind and visually impaired, its first foundations date back to 1859. It was built in place of the Church of the feudal and the old cemetery. It is through public subscription and funds of the municipality that this church has been possible. The architect Clair Weaver, born in Sainte-Foy-lès-Lyon and Father Rival, the parish priest, govern the construction of the building. The structural work ending in 1862. The building is, both its architecture and its furnishings, a remarkable set of the pointed style of the 13th century, revived in the 19th century days. The bell, which dates from 1492, was listed in the inventory of Historical Monuments November 27, 1905. See also the organ, important tool in 20 games, built in 1972 and restored Brignais installed in 1995.
Brignais, nearly 140 organizations that are mobilizing to arrange with the city include:
In January: the living painters.
In May: Spring Fair.
In June: the race of the night of St John and the music festival.
July: fireworks of the national holiday, from July 13.
In September the wake of late-comers and the Association Forum.
November: Festival of comics "The Golden Bull".
December: Telethon and the "Festival of Lights" on December 8.
ATTRACTIONS, LEISURES AND ACTIVITES AROUND
Remains dating from the 1st century AD located at the bottom of the valley road to Barret and Gerle. The book covers 86 km and passes through 23 municipalities in the Loire and the Rhone. Its length extends over 900 meters in the town of Brignais including 240 meters in joint ownership with Soucieu Chaponost and 80 meters.