The city of Bourgoin-Jallieu, with 25,392 inhabitants, is the center of the Rhone-Alpes, the second economically in France. Bourgoin-Jallieu is at the crossroads of modern means of communication known since antiquity. At 20 minutes from the airport of Saint-Exupéry, 30 minutes from Lyon, Grenoble, Chambery, Geneva and 90 minutes from 2:30 Paris (by TGV) and Italy, can play complementary Bourgoin-Jallieu while preserving its identity welcoming city in which to live.
A magnet Northern Isère, Bourgoin-Jallieu grows and seizes the opportunities of economic growth consistent and harmonious. If the past is that of a regional shopping center, its future is that of a modern urban area wanting to keep its specificity and uniqueness of small town and attractive.
Choose Bourgoin-Jallieu is to choose the assets of the Rhone-Alpes with a diversified economy, particularly oriented towards high technology. Choose Bourgoin-Jallieu is also available social facilities, medical, administrative and training of high quality. Choose Bourgoin-Jallieu is even the opportunity to discover the variety and richness of its cultural and sports associations. Attractive in its facilities: library, museum, conservatory of music, schools, hospital, clinical stage, multiplex cinema, court, and its environmental quality and its associations, cultural and sporting rich and diverse Bourgoin-Jallieu, located close to the highways, airports, train stations and is strategically located in the heart of the Rhone-Alpes.
The business parks are full and welcome, in good conditions, artisans and business regional, national, or international sectors. Neighborhoods live, move, change and develop. Tissue varied commercial animates the community. Just walk the pedestrian streets on a Friday or a Saturday afternoon to measure business momentum. There are fewer shops, but shops dedicated to personal goods and leisure have grown, benefiting from a market reputation that extends far beyond municipal boundaries.
Bourgoin Jallieu and back to the pre-Roman times. Bourgoin Bergusia was then called, probably the name of a Gaulish god. Jallieu has long been a place known as the "Land of Bourgoin", finding its development in the 18th century.
The two cities combined in 1654, split up in 1791 in the midst of revolutionary agitation. Nevertheless, they can never really be independent and 1 January 1967, the two municipalities merged.
The natives of the town famous
Frédéric Dard (1921-2000): no introduction Frédéric Dard, child Jallieu and Saint-Chef, where he chose to be buried. At 75 rue de la Liberation, a plaque notes his birthplace and a few yards away, a cafe, opened by Frederic Dard bears the sign in the name of the legendary San Antonio. Born in 1921, Frédéric Dard shared between his youth and Aillat Jallieu, a small village near Four, his parents and grandmother. This will give him a taste for words. Through interviews and books, the father's attachment to San Antonio to his native force returned with multiple references: names, accents, pastry (the famous "chaudelets") and other expressions of language, appear in the pages many nods to childhood. Re-Dard: Located near the library, the "anti-monument", this, engraved and painted in bright pink against a background of dark green granite, 174 titles of the novels of San Antonio. Work of Bertrand Lavier, internationally renowned contemporary artist, object-Dard first public tribute paid to Frederic Dard plays with the author of "The Year of the mold," "From Wood for the pipes" and other "Morpion Circus ", while retaining its conceptual heritage with a nod to Marcel Duchamp supported.
Jean-Jacques Rousseau (1712-1778): On August 13, 1768, Jean-Jacques Rousseau arrives at Bourgoin under the name "Renou". Louis Rosières Donin, the childhood friend with whom he thought to find refuge, has been dead for two months. His son and nephew Myriadec Luc Antoine de Rosière de Champagne, a young mayor, to receive it. Bourgoin is that Rousseau "married" with her constant companion, Thérèse Levasseur. This union has never been the "first civil marriage" that some have wanted to see. Jean-Jacques Rousseau will stay until then Maubec April 1770. Montquin Farm is one of the places that still allows the better understanding of how writing is born of Rousseau, the importance of nature and its setting mixed with the energy of despair. It is in this constant tension that will begin the second part of the Confessions.
La Brioche Bourgoin: October 18, 1447, Louis II, Dauphin of France, entered by the Porte Neuve Bourgoin mounted on a magnificent black horse. It is followed by forty horsemen and ten thirty archers arbeletiers. Then come home and the Court of Dauphin wealthy gentlemen with crest emblazoned on the chest. The future King Louis the 11th will stay on several occasions and it Bourgoin in his honor that the prepared baking a cake shaped like a crown, made of flour, milk, honey, eggs and yeast, and decorated with chocolates and white sugar.
The Chaudelet: This cake was designed in the late 19th century by a baker Bourgoin, Pitrougnard Father, who, they say, kneading the dough with his feet. He sold her cakes on the banks of the Gare de Bourgoin, singing "they are the hot chaudelets, they are hot." The chaudelet is a small cake of salt pastry, flavored with aniseed. Long kneaded the dough is shaped, then poached in boiling water and cooled in cold water. The wafers are then drained and put in the fridge for several hours. They are then cooked and browned in an oven at high heat. Frédéric Dard, who enjoyed, talked about in his books and never failed to make provision for each of its passages Bourgoin-Jallieu.
The Isernoix: Created by the Association of Nord-Isère pastry, this cake to the perfect preservation is heavily loaded with products from the "terroir": butter, honey, eggs, nuts and enriched with a touch of with its exotic caramel vanilla and light touch of chocolate.
Chocolate San Antonio: Soft on the inside (hazelnut praline with feuilletine heart of milk ganache) and crisp on the outside (dark chocolate), like the Commissioner San Antonio, this chocolate was created Jean-Marc Scribante tribute gourmet Frédéric Dard.
The Grand Dauphine Dauphine jewel of this liqueur, made with sweet and bitter oranges from a recipe from 1855, has gained acclaim in 1935 by Maurice Chavin who had the idea to add cognac in the original recipe in order to accentuate the finesse. To appreciate the complexity of its aromas, it is recommended to drink pure, in a large glass "balloon" or hit over ice.
The museum is housed Bourgoin-Jallieu the heart of the city, a historic landmark (the former chapel of the Antonines built in 1503 and the Hotel-Dieu was built in the 18th century). The museum tour is organized around two main themes: textiles, weaving and finishing, which forged the identity of the region's industrial and work of Victor Charreton, painter and founder of the museum.
On the outskirts of Lyon, the museum itself as a museum Bourgoin-Jallieu original and vibrant textile in France. It is the only one in Rhône-Alpes to present the history of textile printing (etching, photogravure, printing). The first print buffer to the latest computer technology, it reflects skills that are transmitted over two centuries in the region of Isere. Organized around beautiful collections, the museum traces the path of the history of technology and men that have marked this adventure.
In 1787 the first factory that sets up print Jallieu. After the First World War, business was booming and reached its prosperity to 1925-1930. The whole area then saw the pace of textile workshops. The successive economic crises, combined with significant technological developments, resulting from the fifties the closure of many schools. But the skills do not go out. Bourgoin-Jallieu is still in the middle of an industrial living putting his skills to both the luxury, fashion and furniture, textiles as advanced techniques.
The route of the museum is brilliantly enhanced fabrics: woven, printed, dressed for furniture or fashion, they reflect on their own know-how of the natives of the town.
At the third level of the museum, the Fine Arts Department puts particular emphasis to the painter Victor Charreton (1864-1936), founder of the museum in 1929. Native Bourgoin-Jallieu This landscape was formed post-impressionist painters in contact with potatoes and Lyon. A peculiarity of Victor Charreton is to have painted on the flannel. Only the knife work is possible on this stuff that prohibits quilted texture editing.
Society Museum, the Museum is a Bourgoin-Jallieu resource center for actors Heritage North Isère its exhibitions and its documentation center.
Provided by the museum team and former semi-skilled workers in the regional textile industry, the visit is timely animated demonstrations (weaving, block printing, the flat frame ...). On request for groups.
Conferences, meetings, visits, discoveries, welcoming the public school, artistic workshops and cultural visits to companies in partnership with textile sites in the region ... Programme on request.
Various themes developed by the museum, temporary exhibitions are held annually. Particular attention is given to contemporary artists whose work expresses a current report with the textile field. Departmental or national events give rise to specific presentations (Night and Day museums, heritage days ...).
Documentation Centre (consultation by appointment) library of local history (open on Wednesdays from 14h to 17h and by appointment); shop.
The association "Friends of the Museum" supports the actions of the museum through support for collection development, their restoration or animation on the three research areas of the museum. It provides enrichment and public access to the regional library. Simultaneously Conservatory productions old and attentive witness of contemporary creation, the museum contains archives covering the last three centuries. Rhône-Alpes factories make up the majority of the fund. Consultation by appointment.
Address: 17 rue Victor Hugo - 38300 Bourgoin-Jallieu.
Tel. : +33 4 74 28 19 74.
Open Tuesday to Sunday from 10am to 12pm and from 14h to 18h (except Mondays and holidays).
The Church of St. John the Baptist:
Location: Place Carnot.
Three churches have played out on the perimeter. The present church was built between 1866 and 1873 along the lines of that of Voiron (Gothic 13th century). By the architect Alfred Berruyer (1819-1901). Twelve sculptures by an artist from Bruges (nineteenth century) decorated the choir stalls and are one of the heritage treasures of the city. Also discover the side chapels, the baptistery, pulpit and stained glass ...
The Great Organ: Built by the "Manufacture of the Great Church Organs Merklin Joseph" in 1879, the great organ of Saint-Jean-Baptiste has been a complete restoration from 2002 to 2004. This organ is classified a historical monument.
Location: Rue du Tribunal.
In 1643, the "White Penitents" a brotherhood founded in Bourgoin. They are lay people united by a spirit of charity and selflessness in a time when the plague is devastating. They build in 1658, a chapel Doric sold to the city in 1790. The civil court district moved there in 1791. In 1854 the main building was rebuilt in the same location and in the same style as the original chapel.
Location: Place Grenette.
They occupy the same location since medieval times and are the center of community life and market of the city. In the 16th century, the building is strengthened by oak pillars, and then enlarged and rebuilt in stone in 1847. In 1902, City Council is developing a first floor, which will fill several positions until 1994, when the building is fully rehabilitated. Today, Space Grenette hosts prestigious exhibitions, conferences, seminars, trade shows ...
Château de Bourgoin:
Location: Castle Square.
In the midst of the Hundred Years War, the council buys Dauphin in 1379, this imposing building erected against the wall of the city, now buried in the surrounding buildings. The Dauphin, the future Louis XI, stayed there several times between 1446 and 1452 during his apprenticeship in management of the Dauphine and will meet the general states of Dauphiné. A three-story hexagonal tower houses a large spiral staircase, lit by mullioned windows. At the top, a corbelled turret, was cut a few feet at a restaurant.
City of Bourgoin-Jallieu:
Location: Rue de l'Hotel de Ville.
The current hall was built in 1870 by Josephine Seignoret and her husband, Louis Lupin Antonin. Their initials entwined in the ironwork of the remaining two large main doors, courtyard and park side and on the chimney of the marriage hall. The woodwork of the hall and dining room (current marriage room) come from piles found on the shores of Lake Paladru. Ruined, their son sells the "castle" to Mr. Patricot, magistrate. Bought by Mr. Arribert, industrial, property was acquired in 1927 by the City of Jallieu in order to transfer to the town hall. After the merger of 1967, the "castle" is the common house of Bourgoin-Jallieu.
Location: Rue de la Liberation.
The current church was built in 1859 in place of the original church dating from the 12th century. Can be read on the lintel of a side door an inscription dating from the revolutionary terror "The French people believe in the existence of the Supreme Being and the immortality of the soul." The porch for his home, a Gallo-Roman funerary inscription (along the ground to the right on entering). It probably dates from the time of Hadrian (117-138), dedicated to Pompeia Junicilla by his father. The architecture of the old church remain pillars placed in two side chapels.
Ponds and Gardens:
Garden City Beauregard (area 6.5 ha): flowers and shady, it offers few minutes from the city center, a zoo, children's games, a food court, and picnic area and an esplanade offering a beautiful view over the city.
Park and Park Lilattes Diedrichs (area 3 ha and 1 ha): In the shade of trees, lawns, flowers, children's playground, picnic area, dog park are two real green oasis in the middle city.
Pond Rosière (area 6 ha): Powered by the small stream of Loudon, the pond was built Rosière in the 18th century to feed a hemp mill. Owner since 1978, the city of Bourgoin-Jallieu made this site a place of natural protected with walks, fishing, picnic area, games, animals, food court ... Introductory courses "nature", fishing competitions and study tours are organized regularly.
Guided tour: "In the footsteps of Jean-Jacques Rousseau." This walk takes you to the Auberge de la Fontaine gold in Anglancier Saint-Germain, then at the grave of Rosière Luc-Antoine de Champagne, Maubec to meet and the Marquise de Césarges Farm of Montquin. Length of walk: 2:30 a.m. - Car mandatory.
Thursday morning: Food, Place Carnot, Clothing, Place Hector Berlioz Rue du Docteur Polosson Place Charles de Gaulle.
Friday afternoon: Organic market, Place Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
Saturday afternoon: Food, Parking du Champ de Mars.
Bourse minerals: the first weekend in March.
Salon de la BD: end of March.
Fair 1 May
Music Festival: June 21
Day Lilattes: music, shows the last Saturday of June
Exhibition craft and local produce: "Colours and Flavours" in July-August.
Bal accordion club and fireworks: July 13.
Garage sale of the Red Cross: July 14.
Salon of the postcard: the last weekend of September.
Foire Saint-Michel: the Saturday before Michaelmas, 29 September.
Exhibition of Painting and Sculpture, organized by "Friends of the Museum": The last week of October and first week of November.
Illuminations / Festivals of Lights: Dec. 8.
Visits, leisure and activities nearby
To visit the area:
Crémieu: medieval city, its medieval walls, the halls, the cloister, the convent of the Augustinian ...
Morestel: Medieval City and painters.
Saint-Head: The abbey church and the Romanesque frescoes.
Amusement Park Walibi Rhône-Alpes, in Avenières.
Blue Valley, entertainment for the whole family (pony rides, tree climbing, vélorail, tourist train of Upper Rhone area running water, jet ski, amphibious car, sailing school, water park, paintball ...).
Base Recreation Romagnieu.
Base Recreation Meyrieu-Ponds.
Base Recreation Vénérieu.
Zoo: The Estate of Beasts to Fitilieu (The Abrets).