This town is located in the southeastern canton of Montfort-sur-Risle, away from the Risle, on the set of Roumois. It consists mainly of plains, forests and very low (only 38 ha).
History and heritage: The municipality of Appetot was endorsed at Bonneville-sur-le-Bec June 25, 1844 to give birth to the town of Bonneville-Aptot.
- The name of Bonneville announced a Roman town, and is probably due to the fertility of its soil.
- In the 10th century, feudal Bonneville fell Brionne and belonged to a Norman named Ansgot. The eldest of his children, Hellouin, was the famous founder of the Abbey of Bec-Hellouin, was born in Bonneville, in 994. Faced with a defeat against Enguerrand, Count of Ponthieu, Hellouin decided to devote himself to God. It began in 1034 when the construction of a monastery in his area of Bonneville.
- Finally, the abbey is built: Hébert, bishop of Lisieux, was dedicated to the Virgin, and Hellouin governs, as abbot, the monks there introduced. The abbey was built in an arid terrain that offered no benefit: the pious Hellouin resolved to restore it in another place, and he carried it successively in 1039 and 1058, at two different points of the valley of Bec. After this translation, the site of the monastery of Bonneville, converted farm, remained a kind of religious priory where some lived to direct the operation of this immense field. Of this building, a barn lasted until 1972 when it burned, there remains a wall. This farm still bears the name of the Barony, as it became later, the seat of a barony which was related significantly to a very large number of fiefdoms and patronage.
- Hellouin Abbey had given her only a third of Bonneville. The stronghold of Brenon was probably one of the areas he left his family. The castle and the chapel built in the 18th century (1755) on this earth, which fell within the barony belonged to the president of Bailleul, in the revolution.
- There was once a leper in this town.
- Appetot has a name of Saxon origin, is interpreted by the hut or village apple trees.
- By the mid-11th century, the village of Appetot belonged to the Abbey of Bec-Hellouin. In 1577 the Abbey of Bec alienated his fief of Appetot in favor of a Hawk, whose headstone is still visible in the chancel of the church, reserving the patronage.
- Mary, daughter of Mr. Hawk, brought into the stronghold of marriage to William of Appetot Thouroude, became lord of Appetot in 1594. Castle Appetot and circular dovecote, built in the 17th century by William of Thouroude have always been kept by the descendants of the family Thouroude. It is also found medals, Roman tiles and ancient foundations at the entrance of the castle today.