Town located southeast of the Aube, on the borders of the Haute-Marne, in the heart of the Côte des Bar, the main wine region of the Dawn. It produces the famous "nectar", "Champagne".
In the valley of Landion that feeds the pond Patis, Bligny with nearby forest and that of Clairvaux Bossican paradise for hunters and researchers mushrooms. Burgundy is not far away. Currently there are 2000 ha of forest and 100 hectares of vines in name.
Field that belonged to the Marquis of Dinteville, Bligny through his niece to the Marquis de Dampierre, whose son became famous at the Battle of Châtillon, Bagneux. Then Baron Cachard acquired in early 1900 and transformed it into one of the first vineyards in the Aube. This area disappears and 39/45 in the war that will be reconstructed in 1950 by various owners. Currently 8 Champagne producers share it.
The parents of the Marquise de Dampierre founded the "Glass" (from 1770 to 1870) will disappear to become "the Cristalleries Royales de Champagne" based in Bayel. Domaine de la Verrerie is currently occupied by a grower-handlers.