- Beaupréau is a small town in Maine-et-Loire department. Situated halfway between Angers and Nantes (45 minutes), 15 minutes of Cholet, it occupies a central place in the heart of the country Mauges.
- Its inhabitants are Bellopratains and Belloprataines.
- The city of Jallais is located in the heart of Mauges, 17 km north of Cholet, 48 km south west of Angers and 58 km east of Nantes.
- His history :
- Towards the end of the tenth century, it falls in a charter of the term Jalesiens, Jalesiacus, then Jalesia Jales in the eleventh century: Jalesuim, Galiscus, Jaleis the twelfth century; Jalleta then Galeis the thirteenth century, fourteenth and fifteenth century, in 1520, according to an inscription on a chalice, the name of Jallays in 1545, a little later, Jalais. Not until the nineteenth century to read Jallais.
- The pleuplades lived in the territory of Jallais prior to the time of the Middle Ages. Thus does one found objects from ancient times; Celtic stone ax and another copper were collected at the foot of the tower of Bouère. Also small standing stones, many stones cut or polished were discovered in various parts of the municipality. Roman roads have been updated, from the time of Julius Caesar: one had Chalonnes and crossed the territory from north to south, the Lande Burgenière to Durant. This route became known as the "Grand Chemin du Poitou" in the eighteenth century. One that was heading for Nantes detached at the Ogeard Noue, a branch to St. Peter Chemillé. Coins, medals, pins were found there for many years, they dated from the Roman emperors.
- The first castle identified in the territory of Jallais was at a place called La Salle Jallais at the end of the town. He belonged to the lords of Montmorillon. When this branch of the family left Jallais to 1290, the castle was razed. Immediately we rebuilt the first Brinière mansion, next to the town and the Notre-Dame church.
- With Nerra Fulk, Count of Anjou, Jallais asserted itself as an important center of religious organization from the eleventh century, this town became the Deanery of Mauges which included 42 municipalities.
- As elsewhere in France, Jallais will experience episodes of bloody war of religions in the sixteenth century. Thus in 1568 the Huguenots (or Protestant) are attacking the religious center is everywhere desolation, farms, houses, castles, churches, presbyteries are burned. This first Protestant invasion is repelled by the faithful of the Roman church. In 1574, the Huguenots reappear everything is burned, looted, ransacked. The country remains to thank you people of war for over twenty years.
- During the two centuries that separate the Revolutionary Wars of Religion, is calm. It allows the development of industry and commerce: weaving, laundry, timber exploitation (making clogs), ten water mills relayed in the event of low water through the windmills of Montatais and Vernon, two cabournes the tuileries, some tanneries.
- The difficult situation between 1780-1790 crop failures, food shortages, famines... the outbreak of the 1789 Revolution, were all favorable elements to a revolt of the peasantry tied to royalty and refuses the First Republic. In February 1793, the Convention decreed a levy en masse to defend the borders against the Austrian invader, this is the spark that sets the 'fire to the powder. "
- Cathelineau Jacques, a native of Pin Mauges, raises the farmers Mauges against the republican government. So in March 1793, ie at the start of the Vendée insurrection, peasants in the Pin Mauges and La Poitevinière under the command of Cathelineau, attack the castle of Jallais where soldiers line and National Guards hold garrisons. This is quickly mastered by farmers. They seized the gun "The Missionary". Without rest, then Cathelineau attack Chemillé Cholet. Master of the situation in the Mauges, Cathelineau was appointed general Vendee armies. He decided to take the capital of Brittany Nantes; but during the fighting, the legendary hero of the early days of the Military Vendée is hit in the chest and died three days later in his retirement on Ancenis.
- During the three years of the Vendée wars, is terror in the Bocage. In 1794, Jallais knows the desolation; during the passage of the infernal columns commanded by Desmares and Cordelier, the village was burned.
- In 1832 the Duchess of Berry, to defend the succession of the throne of his son Henry, embarks on an adventure and trips in Vendée a new uprising. But the Vendée not find the momentum of 1793. Thus May 27, 1832, Members of Civrac, Morisset and Cathelineau (son of General Vendéen) continued as the Duchess of Berry agents by a 29th Detachment line. Refugee castle of Chaperonnière's son is shot Cathelineau a shot.
- Since then, Jallais like the rest of the Vendée history lives quietly.
- By a decree of 27 September 1871 the North-East part of the City (the country of Cabournes) was established as a parish under the title of Our Lady of Mauges, the church of Our Lady of Mauges is built complete in 1868, the Notre Dame was built between 1861-1865 Jallais.
- This is succinctly reported major landmarks that characterize the historical identity of the old town of Jallais and membership in the Rural Mauges to the epic of the Vendée.
The ## Jubaudière:
- Crossing the Evre, La Jubaudière is rich in twenty sports and cultural associations.
- From 1950 to 2000 the shoe industry there was now casting "The Ant", the European leader in the slipper.
- With its picnic area beside the Evre, paths for hiking and biking, pond "The Coudraie" La Jubaudière pleasantly welcomes visitors.
- Le Pin-en-Mauges: A place full of history... Born in the Mauges, Jacques Cathelineau, artisan-peddler, was the first chief of the Catholic and royal army, elected head of the Vendee June 12 1973. If there is a major historical figure whose fame shines in the west, it is because it has become very soon a symbol of peasant people marching to defend their freedoms. The peddler's Pin fully human Mauges by his physique and character, has become the "soul" of the revolt. Through the collection of classified windows that can be admired in the church and the statue erected in the heart of the town center, it will remain very present in our memories.