In 1190, Baron called Infra BERRUM; in 1530, Bar-sur-Nonette.
Ancient fortified town, it was taken by the Duke of Burgundy in 1413.
Formerly held in a fair Baron three days ended in 1830.
In the Church of St. Peter and St. Paul built in the 12th century, rebuilt in the 15th and 16th centuries, came to pray Joan of Arc 14 and August 15, 1429, the eve of the Battle of Montépilloy. She slept in the castle tower.
The composer Alberic Magnard (1865-1914) was killed in his house Baron.
After visiting the magnificent church which contains the woodwork who were in the abbey Chaalis must wander in the streets, watching the beautiful farms, the two remaining towers of the wall of the village, and not Remember to come and ride for a walk in the woods nearby.