Ville Internet @ @ @ @ @
City flower **
Sports City *
Child Friendly City, Unicef
- Created in the 70s, to help rebalance the east of Paris regional development, the new town of Marne-la-Vallée has many means of communication: the A4 and A104, the RN36, the RER A and international train station of Chessy. The Roissy Charles de Gaulle is 30 minutes by highway.
- Its institutional structure is very fragmented (4 areas of development, intermunicipal 3, 26 towns, two public institutions of development) and development territorially very homogeneous. Thus the two main urban centers (Noisy-le-Grand and the Val d'Europe) are located at both ends of the territory.
- In the mid-80s, the company Walt Disney Company seeks to develop its activities in the world, especially in Europe, putting into practice a new concept in real estate development related to amusement parks. Beyond an image strategy, it is to benefit from the capital gains generated by the presence of land in the park and the living partner. In this perspective, the site of Marne-la-Vallée, divided into four sectors, presented the advantages of proximity to the center of the Paris market and land availability. This is the heart of the 4th Sector Marne-la-Vallée Disney that took root at the same time as was the New Town Association (SAN) Gates Brie, to be called in 2001 SAN Val Europe.
- In this context, the city of Bailly-Romainvilliers has experienced rapid population and urban growth, from 371 inhabitants in 1 975 to 609 in 1990, 3,395 in 1999, 5,421 in 2006 and 5,690 in 2010, 6,555 in the first January 2013 (according to INSEE). This population is mainly characterized by its youth and vitality: 80% of the population is in fact less than 40 years, and nearly one in five residents is enrolled in kindergarten or primary school. In this development, the town is constantly changing to offer new services and facilities to the public in an evolutionary manner, allowing to always meet the needs of its population.
- While the Val d'Europe now represents 30,000 inhabitants, in 2015, the goal is to build a community of about 35,000 people. At this date and the end of its development, Bailly-Romainvilliers for its part should take about 12 000 inhabitants.
- However, despite its evolution Bailly-Romainvilliers has retained its "soul" of the village. His attachment to his past and heritage are key elements of this phenomenon, with the existence of Hamlet Bailly.
- In the Middle Ages, Bailly was the village with a church, farms and a castle. Romainvilliers, whose name comes from the Latin Romanus (Roman) and Latin villa (the field), was a hamlet surrounded by fields.
- In the 12th century, was a priory dependent on the County of Champagne. It was located at the center of a parish territory covered wood, original hamlet of Bailly.
- Current research carried out by INRAP, led to the discovery of a primitive cemetery in which were recorded forty graves clustered around the grave at the bell. This cemetery defines a community facility, a hospice.
- From 1172, the texts cite stately home of Bailly. The transformation of this building fortified manor place in 1250.
- In the 13th century, around 1280, the monks of the abbey of Saint Germain-des-Prés Bailly transfer to the seat of the parish Romainvilliers. The priory is located next to the church. Another priory was founded at a place called The Little Hermières.
- Bailly preserves the remains of a castle built in the 14th century, the capital of a fairly large manor which extended to Serris.
- The Lordship of Bailly in 1575 belongs to Thomas Crusher, Lord of Serris and Magny-le-Hongre. At his death in 1641, his son Hardouin Foucher (whose tombstone is preserved in the church of Bailly), married to Valentine Crusher, inherits Bailly. Claude Barre lawyer the Court of Parliament, is lord of Bailly to 1667. He sold the manor to Marie-Nicole Guillebon wife, Jean Jourdan, secretary of the king. The son of the latter, Admiral François Morin Tourville inherit the earth (1642-1701) and resells Ligier Gilbert Antoine de La Prade, esquire of the king. The last Lord of the Marquis Louis Bailly Paul La Motte Ango Flers, whose property will be sold as national property during the Revolution.
- The old castle of the lords of Bailly, built on an embankment rectangular, surrounded by a moat and accessible by a bridge was destroyed. Only a few remaining vestiges (moat, dungeon, ancient walls ...), the farm dungeon, farm houses of Valois and the hamlet located in the current street Poncelet.
- Until 1864 the seat of the municipality was Bailly whereabouts church, castle and large farms.
- Become simple agricultural village still retains Romainvilliers chapel devotion (Notre Dame). This modified chapel later became a farm called St. Blandin, the barn houses in the early 19th century the remains of a chapel of the same name. According to a general plan of 1883, there were also close the Farm Fields.
- In the early 20th century a road was built connecting Coulsdon to Paris and through Romainvilliers. With this new communication channel, the hamlet Romainvilliers developed. It built the Hall, which also served as a school, a large square and shops settled. Romainvilliers became the chief town of the commune and hamlet Bailly.
- Now the hamlet Bailly consists essentially of two traditional farmhouses, Valois and Dungeon, as well as the church, the last vestige of the old priory.
- In the early 20th century a road through Romainvilliers was built between Coulsdon in Paris. With this new communication channel, the hamlet Romainvilliers develops. It builds the Town Hall, which also serves as a school and a great place. Shops settle. Romainvilliers became the chief town of the county, and Bailly, the hamlet.