Anglards-de-Saint-Flour is a town Cantal belonging to the Saint-Flour Community of Municipalities, City of Art and History perched at the tip of the greatest stratovolcano of Europe, between the granite massif of Margeride plateau Aubrac and the gorges of the Truyère.
Located 840 meters above sea level, Anglards is located between the valleys of Ander and Truyère and extends over an area of 1228 hectares.
Anglards-de-Saint-Flour was a city protected by a fortified castle, until the invasion of English in 1387. They went afterwards the castle against a ransom. The town was the property of several lords, whose last known are Christophe Le Roux, Jean-Baptiste Le Roux and Raymond Podevigne.
Anglards has cultural sites evoking its past as its church and cross.
Natural side, we find a great site Nearby, the Garabit viaduct.
Anglards-de-Saint-Flour certainly invites relaxation and discovery of the region couple, with family or friends.