Occupied since Roman times, Ammerschwihr is cited in 869 under the name "Amalric Villare" or "village Amalrich. Elevated to city from 1367. From the 14th century the town was fortified. The inhabitants of Meywihr Katzenbach and two neighboring villages, sought refuge behind the ramparts of the city. Three domains: the "Ribeaupierre", the "Hohlandsberg 'and the Empire reigned successively over the city. They divided the three entrances of the city and each of them holding one of the gates of the city. On 3 May 1491 the Virgin appeared to three-Ears. In 1534, Ammerschwihr knows its golden age: the city flourished more. From 1618 to 1648, the 30 Years War marked Ammerschwihr. In 1634, the town is placed under the protection of the King of France. In 1789, Ammerschwihr becomes, the Revolution, capital of Canton. In 1803, the town becomes parish. The architecture of the town reached its heyday in the 16th century. Unfortunately, the architectural heritage was seriously damaged by terrible bombing in December 1944: Ammerschwihr is destroyed at 85%. From 1948 to 1956, Ammerschwihr reborn thanks to the courage of the people and the expertise of the architect Gustave Stoskopf.
In the vineyards at the foot of the Vosges Mountains remain the basis of the square tower of the old castle Meywihr city in 1279.
13th century: the remains of fortifications, the gate high or "Obertor.
16th century: the tower of Thieves or "Schelmenturm", so named because it served as a prison.
Tower of Burgesses or "Bürgerturm" ...
Tennis and golf on site.
The 2nd and 3rd Saturday of January: Tennis Championships (multipurpose room).
The 3rd or 4th weekend of January: Walk People Pioneers (multipurpose room).
The second weekend of March: AAK: Fine Wines and gastronomy (multipurpose room).
The second weekend before Easter: Spring Music Concert Municipal (multipurpose room).
Palm Sunday: Procession of branches at 9am (High Gate).
Palm Sunday: Palm Sunday Concert at 17h (church).
The last weekend of April: Wine Fair.
May 1: Procession to the Three-Ears (Gate High to 6am).
May 8: Patriotic ceremony.
The last weekend of May: Chapter of Friends of Ammerschwihr and Kaefferkopf.
Whit Sunday: Flea Market.
June 18: Patriotic ceremony.
The last weekend of June: Walk People Pioneers (multipurpose room).
June 27: Friendship Day cardboard (vault).
The first Friday of July: Evening reception of tourists (up Afderseeden).
July 13: Bastille Day on July 14.
Late August: Evening Host tourists (place Afderseeden).
Mid-September: Heritage Day, opening of chapels St. Wendelin and St. Eloi, turn Bourgeois, church.
The first Sunday of November: Jumble clothing autumn-winter.
The first Sunday of November: Mass St Hubert in the church at 10am (hunting horns).
November 11: Patriotic ceremony.
The last weekend of November: Christmas Market (Place Wild Man).
December 24: Animation of Mass 17h (Music City).
December 26: Blessing of wine at the Three Ears.
You are at the heart of Alsace:
2 km Kaysersberg (old Alsatian town).
At 7 km from Trois-Epis (elevation 650 meters, resort Alsace).
8 km from Colmar (visiting the old town, museums).
At 12 km from Riquewihr (Alsace Old Town, Musée de la Poste).
At 35 km from Ungersheim (museum).
At 40 km from Mulhouse (Musée de l'Automobile, Railways).
At 60 km from Strasbourg (old town, cathedral, walk on water bus).
Within 20 km radius: Musée du Vin d'Alsace, park storks, Haut-Koenigsbourg Eagle Park ...
Germany 30 km, Switzerland 80 km.
In winter, the ski resort of Lac Blanc is situated at half an hour's drive, you can practice downhill and cross country skiing.
In summer, you can also discover the Vosges mountains: ridge road, walk or bike. Many departures Ammerschwihr circuits.