Ambérac is part of the canton of Saint-Amant-de-Boixe and Ruffecois country. It is situated on a plateau overlooking the Charente and its tributaries, the bpme. It just takes its name from the shape of beak (Ambès) that draws the confluence of two rivers. It is built near the ancient city of Oliba disappeared at an unknown, probably destroyed by fire, many vestiges testify to the existence of this city since the beginning of our era: the tombs with bones, tiles, coins the effigy of the Roman Emperors Alexander Severus and Trojan dead one in the year 117 the other 235. The existing dwellings do not recall the ancient architecture, however, walking through the narrow streets there are houses that are centuries old. We think qu'Ambérac could be a secondary town on ancient Roman road controlling a ford across the Charente. In the Middle Ages, Ambérac was one of six vigueries in Angouleme. In 1487, we find Jean Richard, whose daughter Jeanne brought her dowry land to Francis de la Tour, then, again by marriage, Joan Tower Gabriel Raymond and is then referred to the John Faye to finally be acquired , in the 18th century by the La Rochefoucauld. Currently, from Mansle we enter the town via a bridge rebuilt in 1981 (the first having lasted a hundred years).