- Allenwiller is a small village located on the edge of the Vosges forest, 25 km west of Strasbourg. The village extends in length while deep in a valley carved by the Sommerau, 240 m.
- Successive names of Allenwiller are: Alenevilla (the tenth century); Alhinwilre (the thirteenth century); Alhenwilre (the fourteenth century); Alenwilre (the fifteenth century); Alenweiler; Allenwiller.
- The first written record of the existence of Allenwiller back to the tenth century. In 828, the village was to belong to the monastery of Marmoutier. From that date, the village passes in turn to the Bishop of Metz, in 1187 the Lords Ochsenstein, in 1485 the Lords of Zweibrücken - Bitsch, in 1570 the Lords of Hanau - Lichtenberg introducing reform and in 1736 the Lords of Hessen - Darmstadt.
- The village served often pledged in cons-portion of a loan or debt.
- In 1641, there is no soul to Allenwiller: the Thirty Years War, poverty, famine and pestilence had destroyed the village. The repopulation was effected by the village families from Switzerland, Tyrol, Vorarlberg and Normandy.