Allemans-du-Dropt The village owes its name to the confederation of Germanic Alemanni, who invaded in the 6th century. The founding date of Allemans can be specified. The oldest document that could prove its existence dates from the year 817. In his Pouillé 1520, Valery speaks Allemans-le-Vieux, which seems already at that time, confer a certain seniority in this village.
In 1896, the town took the name Allemans-du-Dropt to distinguish its many homonyms. Name the village was almost lost during the 1st World War to condemn the conduct of the Germans.